Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Losing my Religion

"Oh Lord, give me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

I am not being a goody-goodie preacher here, I just appreciate this quotation so much. . . I was born. Catholic. . . tenent. . . the usual "endanemopdapader" things and rituals. . . I was always brought to Church every Sunday when I was a kid, Church for me is wall-fans, long-benches, soft kneeling-bars (if that's what they call it), angel statues holding a sink, boring sermons and the like. . . But I like churches, they are very solemn places where you can relax, pray (or pretend to) very artistically designed buildings/structures, built to last. But the sermons. . .

If only The Almighty could comment to his priestly minions. . .
OLMAYTI: ENERGY!!! Lame douche bags. . . But this particular. . . very particular sermon was tattooed on my mind. . .
If you hold on to a thing with both hands how could you catch the better things that are bigger and better and good for you?. . .
Kung nakahawak ka sa iisang bagay ng mahigpit gamit ang dalawang kamay mo, papaano mo masasalo ang ibang bagay na ibinibigay sa iyo?
and that was it. . . after that sermon every good things happened to my life. . . good or bad, but they contributed a lot to who I am now, co'z letting go could make or break the butterfly effect. . . we all have a choice. . . but most of the time it's better to let go of the things that is out of our control. . .



No comments: