Wednesday, January 23, 2008

ONE WAY MIRROR

This is one of my favorite poems. . . This one really touches my core co'z it pertains with my self.
There is a saying
"Know Thyself."
Yes. You can identify yourself, but you'll never understand yourself. . . maybe that's why HE is so MERCIFUL. . . you know who.

NO UNDERSTANDING OF ME


Softly you creep
Drawing apart the curtain of my soul
Trying to find the meaning of me
Only to tumble endlessly into the bottomless hole

Trailing through the twists and turns
You think you've found my true course
Until it suddenly divides then fades
Leaving you lost and drowning in my force

Continue as you will
Freedom you will never find
As long as you remain determined
To learn the workings of this warped mind

Many are the facets of me
Each a contradiction to the other
To attempt to learn them all
Would send your mind running for cover

Chained within the confines of my madness
I watch with dark mocking glee
As you search in desperation
For the true essence that is me

To know me is to embrace the depravity
Surrendering to its addictive caress
Joining me down in the deepest deep
Buried within the center of my darkness

Do you stay
Would you dare
Or shall you run
Escaping my demon's lair

I've gone away into the nothing
Given my mind up to its keeper
So that I can spend my days roaming
Like some dream walking sleeper

Unfound is my core
Lost even to me
How is it that you think
You can somehow set me free

Take me over
Lead me right
Cure this sickness
And end my eternal night

Can you do it
I think not
Too complicated am I
Since having lost the plot

Further into the murky swamp I hide
Slipping within its slime
Come find me if you dare
That is if you have the time

Tireless have I become
As I hide within and wait
Completely comfortable now
Prepared to embrace my fate

Hunt my demon
As it stalks you
The hunger increasing
As its prey falls into view

Linger much longer
And nothing more will you be
Than another who finally learns
How lost is my reality

The walls I have built
Have started closing in
Turn and leave now
This is a battle you simply can not win

My lord demon and I
Are well and truely acquainted
No other has found the way
To purify the tainted

Farewell supposed friend
I'll watch you turn and go
Knowing my layers are well guarded
Well used to this kind of blow

Another thrown on the pile
More bridges start to burn
As coldly away from the world
I once more calmly turn

~da-tigger

No comments: